QL Powered Digital Menu Boards
Efficiency, Reliability, Automation
Restaurants that use Navori QL software to power their digital menu boards can easily improve the customer’s experience and increase sales.
QL can power any number of indoor screens, video walls, and drive through digital menu boards so that you can reach and influence customers inside and outside your restaurant.
The Digital Menu Board Challenge
Quick service restaurant owners and operators have a constantly changing list of needs for their Digital Menu Boards. Today, this list usually includes the need for:
- Easy to use Digital Signage Software
- Reliable performance (no blank screens or error messages)
- A way to display product pricing, images, and videos
- Custom menu board template designs
- Built-in advertising campaign management tools
- Built-in monitoring and troubleshooting tools
QL digital signage can handle all of the above and also do much more than display dynamic menu content. Restaurant staff can create, store and serve their own product data feeds using our software’s Content Manager and Data Feed Manager. They can also modify content and product information right from their mobile phone.
Using our digital signage software, restaurant owners and operators can build and maintain their own product and pricing database without leaving the software. Users can also easily import custom data feeds from all popular POS and inventory management systems via our built-in Data Feed Manager.
Menus can be shown in a table format using QL’s Data Grid feature or shown in individual fields you can place anywhere on screen. It’s never been this easy to create digital menu board templates for your store.
The QL Software Solution
We offer a range of solutions for every indoor and outdoor digital menu board challenge. You create dynamic content using QL’s own Template Designer with your own product images, animations, price lists and caloric values. You can also insert videos in your layouts to create attention grabbing digital menus that sell.
Restaurant chains who operate their own POS systems can retrieve real-time product and pricing so their digital menu screens are always kept up to date. By connecting QL to your POS database you can automate content shown on screen without any staff interaction. Automatically remove sold out items or promote over stocked items based on actual inventory levels.
Programming your menuboards is easy using dayparting. Create time slots for each period of the day and then assign playlists with your own menus. Easily transition between breakfast, lunch and dinner items based on the time of day. All of this can be done from the comfort of your favorite web browser!
QL supports multi-screen/single PC menu installations and can synchronize content across any number of screens, including Smart TVs with integrated player hardware, Android media players, standard digital signage players and BrightSign players. There is no better solution to create and manage a digital menu board for restaurants.
QL gives you a competitive edge
Sales increase when you deploy professional digital menu boards. Guests stay longer, they order more, and they enjoy a better experience that guarantees repeat visits.
It’s easy to take advantage of QL’s features:
- Create, publish and display a visually appealing restaurant menu board layout from any desktop PC or mobile device.
- No technical or graphic skills are required and anyone can create menu layouts using our web based template designer.
- Update restaurant menu board menu items, caloric information, and prices instantly using QL server data feeds or any external database.
- Highlight new products and promote your brand. Create simple playlists that switch over from breakfast, to lunch, to dinner menus. Schedule events once, and let QL handle the rest.
Simple, collaborative and secure
QL’s Content Manager is designed to be user-friendly and powerful, allowing staff members to easily update their digital menu boards. Our software includes a built-in Template Designer for instant updates, and it even enables menu changes from smartphones or tablets through the QL Mobile app.
We prioritize security to ensure the integrity of your digital menu board content. Only authorized users can modify the content or make changes to what appears on your screens. For instance, a restaurant operator may have full administrative privileges across the entire chain, while managers are limited to changing pricing or publishing announcements and notifications for their specific locations. You have complete control over access, viewing permissions, and publishing capabilities.
We offer different versions of QL digital menu board software to cater to organizations of any size or type. You can choose between a cloud-based digital signage solution (SaaS) or an on-premise software version that you install and manage on your own servers.
Automate digital menu item and pricing updates
Most large restaurant chains use point of sale (POS) and inventory management systems to manage pricing and centralize product information. QL easily integrates and synchronizes with POS systems and backend databases to retrieve real-time product data so your menus are always accurate and automatically kept up to date.
- QL will automatically remove sold out items from your digital menu board.
- Prices and item descriptions can be synchronized locally or with a centralized database.
- Easily deploy a common menu layout to hundreds of locations with each one showing unique pricing and products.
- Trigger promotions based on any criteria.
- Automatically promote overstocked items.
- Show ads based on live data. For example, promote ice cream when the it’s hot outside or sunglasses when it is sunny outside.
- Upsell side dish items and cross sell using drive thru LED screens. Automatically show side items based on the customer’s order.
- Use touch screens or sensors (motion, RFID, mechanical button, etc.)
Making your programming more dynamic
QL’s Dynamic Content Rules leverage the power of artificial intelligence to intelligently display menu items on your digital menu board, taking external data into account. This feature allows for seamless integration of content based on stock levels, promotional status, and even customer orders in the case of drive through menus.
Furthermore, you can harness the potential of environmental factors such as temperature, weather conditions, and traffic levels to curate the content displayed on your screens. This cutting edge technology operates in real-time, catering to the unique needs of each site, and requires minimal manual intervention. Maximize the impact of your digital menu board with QL’s Dynamic Content Rules.
QL Mobile lets staff members update and control your digital menu boards using any smartphone or tablet. They can also update your menu board database and make changes on the fly. Launch unique content at the touch of a screen. You can also turn screens on or off and control any screen’s volume right from your phone.
QL makes dayparting easy
When using Navori QL software, users have the ability to define time slots for different periods of the day, catering to the specific needs of their stores. These time slots can either repeat daily or be adjusted based on the store’s requirements. Some locations may prefer to display the same time slots throughout the week, such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Others may opt for daily content changes or different menus on weekdays versus weekends. It is crucial to choose electronic menu board software that can accommodate these various options.
QL software excels in handling all these scenarios and more. For instance, it allows you to assign specific rules to individual content, such as a “happy hour” announcement that only appears on designated days and at specific times.
What are the technologies behind digital menu boards?
First, let’s talk about the basics. There are two types of restaurant menu board applications. Indoor and outdoor.
Most outdoor menu boards and drive through signs use ultra bright digital screens and are installed vertically. An indoor digital menu board tends to use multiple screens that are laid out horizontally. For the most part, the screens used in these applications must be designed for constant operation (24/7/365).
It’s one reason why system-on-a-chip screens have become so popular for restaurant menu screen applications. These screens are relatively inexpensive and they have proven to be very reliable. They are also very easy to install which is an added bonus.
Windows PCs remain quite popular because they are more versatile and offer better performance. High end digital signage solutions can rely on multiple screens connected to Windows PCs running Navori Labs’ QL IPR player software. QL IPR is a perfect choice for this type of application since it supports up to 24 screens and can display unique high resolution content simultaneously on each screen.
For best results, we recommend using a thin bezel digital sign as they provide a seamless canvas for large banners and video walls when synchronizing content across all screens. When displaying content on these large surfaces, menus are easier to read and you create a better guest experience.
Using Computer Vision with your digital menu boards?
Navori Labs’ AQUAJI analytics platform uses computer vision and artificial intelligence for audience analysis. When interfaced with the QL digital signage software, AQUAJI can perform several useful tasks like adjusting a playlist according to customer time spent waiting. AQUAJI can also provide important metrics such as customer wait times so management can adjust staffing levels to meet corporate performance targets.
Knowing your customers
By scanning and analyzing your store’s traffic flow, AQUAJI can provide useful information about each customer’s demographic profile, and the time spent by each person visiting your store. This information is invaluable to marketing and planning managers.
Drive through menuboards
AQUAJI can detect vehicle license plates and match them to POS data so drive through menu boards can offer personalized choices based on past purchases. The software can also track time spent waiting which can be used to analyze employee performance.
In conclusion, QL-powered digital menu boards offer a cutting-edge solution to enhance your business’s visual appeal, engage customers, and boost sales. With its user-friendly interface and customizable templates, QL software enables you to create visually stunning and dynamic digital menus that leave a lasting impression on your audience.
The versatility of QL software allows seamless integration with various digital display types and third party data feeds, ensuring compatibility and ease of implementation. Moreover, its value for investment makes it an ideal choice, enabling you to stay within your budget while reaping the benefits of a powerful digital signage solution.
Experience the transformative power of QL powered menuboards and unlock new levels of engagement and profitability for your business.
By choosing QL, you’ll be able to create captivating digital menu boards that not only boost sales but also reduce perceived wait times, improving the overall customer experience.
Frequently Asked questions
What can digital menu boards do for my restaurant?
Use a digital menu board solution to inform and entertain your customers:
- Instantly deliver and update any digital menu in any location at any time.
- Display different content at the store entrance, behind the ordering counter, and at the drive-thru.
- Mix corporate menu board layouts and styles with location specific pricing and promotions.
- Change your menu boards based on the time of day or event.
- Deploy targeted promotions that engage customers.
Why is Navori QL recommended for digital menu boards?
QL digital signage software offers a wide range of features to help QSR operators increase their walk-in and drive-thru business. Let’s explore some of the key features:
- Quick and easy deployment: QL ensures that your menu displays are set up and running in no time.
- Collaborative content management: QL digital signage allows head office and local restaurant staff to work together seamlessly. They can easily manage and create content, publish updates, and monitor player health. Local users can make changes to their programming using devices like PCs, laptops, smartphones, or tablets, enabling global or local management of digital menu boards.
- User rights and access control: QL grants administrators the ability to control and manage user permissions. You can create user accounts that require manager authorization before content is published on the screen. It also supports users specifically authorized to modify menu data feeds.
- Real-time notifications and reporting: QL digital signage software provides authorized users with email notifications and a software dashboard to view the live player status. This keeps you informed and allows you to promptly address any player issues. Additionally, you can export and distribute monitoring reports to your IT staff through QL Content Manager.
By harnessing the power of QL digital signage software, you can take your QSR business to new heights!
What are the key benefits of using digital menu boards?
After making the first investment in equipment and software, digital menu boards can help save money in the long run compared to using regular printed menus. One of the big benefits is that you can control and change the content, like prices, pictures, and ads, all from one central place.
This means you can quickly update menus for many stores at once. Making and sending out these changes is easy, even if you have hundreds of places to update. Plus, with digital signage software, these boards can connect with the systems you already use, allowing automatic updates everywhere.
Lastly, digital displays are brighter and catch the eye better than old-fashioned printed signs.
Can I use regular TVs for my menuboards?
We strongly advise against using consumer TVs that you can buy at your local electronics stores. Instead, buy professional grade digital displays that will stand the test of time. Here’s why:
- Unlike consumer TVs, professional displays are designed for 24/7/365 use.
- Unlike consumer TVs, professional displays for menuboards are designed to handle difficult environments like very warm kitchens and the grease and fumes that kitchens produce.
- Professional digital signage displays come with on site support, maintenance service options, and extended warranties.