The Elevator Digital Signage Screen Challenge
Time spent in an elevator shouldn’t be wasted. Why not take advantage of a captive audience to deliver relevant information and real-time data like, news, weather information, advertising and entertainment via in elevator signage? Publish company news and updates, stock prices, real-time weather forecasts, traffic information and more!
Digital Signage displays in an elevator will always be looked at and watched by passengers because riding in an elevator with strangers can be an awkward experience for some! Looking at the in elevator signage will help avoid those awkward silences while giving you useful information at the same time.
The QL Software Solution
Monetize your screens with ads promoting local business and keep tenants informed about important events. Easily install interactive tablets and digital screens powered by QL Player inside or near elevator cabins.
Here’s why QL digital signage software is your best choice for elevator signage
- QL Player software operates on a “download and play” model where content is downloaded and saved on the hard drive of each device. If your elevator has an intermittent internet connection, QL Player will continue playing stored content while it’s offline.
- QL Server can deliver updates as soon as the player comes back online. This way, you can publish as soon as you’re ready and rest assured the content will be received in its entirety.
- You can also schedule player updates for any time in the future. Use the auto-update feature where QL Server automatically delivers your programming at a scheduled period (e.g. overnight).
- QL is compatible with many hardware devices and operating systems, including Windows, Android, and several System-on-Chip display brands. Navori Labs also offers its own Android-powered Stix 3700 device, which is a professional-grade, 4K device designed for high-demand applications. The QL Stix comes in a very compact package that is easily concealable and well suited for elevator cabins.
- QL Content Manager is the platform’s HTML5 user interface, and it features intuitive and user-friendly content creation tools. The built-in Template Designer tool lets anyone create attractive layouts with multiple media zones, text boxes, video streams, live data feeds, and more. The software’s Ticker Designer lets users create graphic and data-driven overlays to display useful information across any media.
Our QL digital signage software provides effective information and entertainment management for any type of building.
Make the ride more interesting
There are two types of elevator digital signage screens. Those installed inside elevator cabins and displays located near elevators, also called elevator hall signage.
Elevator halls have similar requirements as your typical wall-mounted digital signage displays. You need to mount the display securely and conceal any wiring or devices. These days, most building displays will be recessed into the wall to blend into the décor and provide a more professional look. Electrical sources and network cabling are also easy to find, which makes the installation process very straightforward.
Elevator cabins, on the other hand, present a unique set of challenges. It’s why you should use a small Android device or a System-on-Chip display with the media player built into the screen.
Whether in an elevator hall or elevator cabin, elevator digital signage offers a unique way to communicate with passengers. This can be done in a cost-effective and versatile manner by using elevator digital signage systems like QL.
Elevator digital signage can also be used to promote safety and to calm passengers in the event of an emergency. Elevator operators are obligated by law to provide passengers with a certain amount of time for emergency evacuation, and that’s just one reason why it is important for them to communicate information about elevator safety.
One way you can use elevator signage is by sharing safety tips and emergency messaging with your passengers while they are trapped in your elevator. This helps them feel more relaxed and comfortable while also educating them on how they can avoid getting stuck in an elevator again if this happens again in the future.
In short, elevator digital signage is a great way to communicate with passengers. It’s easy to use and can be customized to your specific needs. If you want more information about how our products can benefit your facility, contact us today!