What were the project’s software requirements?
West Edmonton Mall needed a solution that could ensure the reliable and efficient management of the company’s digital signage content and hardware playback devices.
- ONE PLAYER FOR EVERY PLATFORM. Mall management was looking for a solution that could use existing hardware to deliver rich content with professional-quality playback. Thus, the software had to support a range of media player devices and System-on-Chip screens used throughout the property.
- DATA FEED INTEGRATION. Non-technical users needed to integrate real-time data from various sources into their content without relying on technical staff assistance. Indeed, QL lets mall staff bring in external data for their own custom templates.
- LIVE CONTENT UPDATES. Whereas, each food court tenant’s digital menu board operates individually. Therefore, using QL’s Content Manager, staff members manage and update the content for each restaurant. Indeed, they can easily make changes to menu board prices, item descriptions, and product photography.
- CROSS-PLAYER CONTENT SYNCHRONIZATION. QL lets staff synchronize menu board content across multiple System-on-Chip screens to deliver a better guest experience.
- CONDITIONAL CONTENT PLAYBACK. Modern digital signage software solutions like QL use automation to lighten staff workloads. Correspondingly, content can be shown or triggered on-screen in reaction to live events. For example, ads and promotions can be shown based on current weather conditions or product stocking levels. Thus, emergency messages can be triggered based on data from an alarm system. Therefore, it’s easy to integrate QL with third-party software or any external data source.
- CONFERENCE CENTER ROOM BOOKING. Screens installed in the mall’s hotel and conference center showroom occupancy in real-time. Guests are kept informed with constantly updated information across every digital signage screen.