Frequently Asked Questions
Digital signage offers multiple benefits for elevator applications:
- Treat elevator riders to information and entertainment to make the ride feel shorter and more enjoyable.
- Display live feeds from any news, weather, sport, or social media data source.
- Provide building tenants with promotional and advertising opportunities.
- Display building directories, local information, and public service announcements.
- Trigger instant alerts and notifications in case of an emergency. Help guide riders to the nearest safe exit.
Elevator cabins can lead to difficult installations due to the lack of free space and accessibility, so it’s important to pick hardware that will be easy to install, small enough to hide, and last a long time.
- System-on-Chip (SoC) displays are great for elevator cabin screens because they offer a fully integrated hardware/display solution. SoC displays can be very reliable and cost-effective compared to other types of devices.
- The QL Stix is a small and powerful Android device that can render 4K broadcast quality content. QL Stix is extremely reliable and designed specifically for 24/7/365 use. It features a solid aluminum case with passive ventilation, an external Wi-Fi antenna, an internal RJ45 network jack, 3 USB ports, and an SD memory card slot for expandability.