Your staff will be excited to contribute once they see their social media posts appear on your business’ digital signage displays. This enhances everyone’s experience, from your staff to your customers. The more active your social media users are, the better the experience for your viewers. You will cultivate a more positive experience when you integrate social media content into your digital signage programming.
The Social and Messaging Challenge
If you’re considering using social media based digital signage for your business, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the content you share is relevant and engaging. Remember that social media is all about two-way communication, so don’t be afraid to encourage people to interact with your feeds. Also, consider using multiple screens to create a social media wall – this will help to really capture people’s attention and create a buzz around your business.
Social media based content can create powerful and intimate links with the viewer. This is due to the immediacy and the context-appropriate nature of the content. However, social media managers must always remain vigilant to ensure that inappropriate user posts or comments are moderated before they can make it onto your digital signage displays.
This social and digital interaction can save you a lot of time and money. You get constantly updated content that is relevant to your business and you can personalize the content to meet your needs. There is no additional workload required for your team members so they can focus on more pressing tasks.
A digital message board lets you update your content in real-time which helps keep your content fresh and relevant. Publishing social media via your digital signage software lets you benefit from a constant flow of updated news and information.
One of the biggest challenges for businesses is the need for updated content. When content gets stale, viewers stop paying attention. This is where a digital bulletin board can really make a difference. Consider giving select staff members or managers access to QL’s data feed management tools in order to ensure fresh and relevant content is posted regularly.
The QL Software Solution
To create a social media display board, you simply link one or more data feeds to your template or ticker and publish. Once your media players receive their instructions, they will display and refresh the data automatically. No more manual publishing. Just post to your Twitter feed for your digital signage updates and you’re done.
QL lets anyone publish social media content across any number of screens, in any location with minimum effort:
- Motivate your audience by publishing calls to action and focused content. QL keeps your teams informed with relevant information that is constantly updated.
- Entertain viewers with a steady stream of social media content. Mix pre-programmed multimedia content with your social media feeds to keep your programming fresh.
- Use multiple data sources: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, RSS/XML, Microsoft 365 Calendar and SharePoint feeds. Mix different feeds on the same screen using QL Templates and Tickers.
- Create your own custom data feeds hosted on QL server. No programming skills required. Let authorized staff members update your private data feeds in minutes using our Data Feed Manager.
- Create your own custom templates to display multimedia content and real-time data on any screen. Templates and Tickers can be customized to match your corporate look or branding. There are no special skills or training required. Simply drag and drop your content and data feeds into our design tool and you’re done.