On-Premise Digital Signage Software Still Has It’s Place
In terms of digital signage software, your hosting choice plays a crucial role in ensuring optimal performance, security, and customization. On-premise servers provide businesses with a solution for managing their digital signage software within their own premises.
In this article, we review the benefits of on-premise servers for your digital signage software and explore the enhanced security features they offer.
Most Digital Signage Companies No Longer Provide On Premise Options
While many Digital Signage Software companies have abandoned on-prem, Navori continues to offer it’s QL Digital Signage Software in both cloud hosted (SaaS) and on-premise server models.
The main reason that most digital signage companies have moved to cloud offerings only is that developing for both On-Premise and Cloud-Based is hard! These companies likely found that they sell more cloud based solutions, and that they can save time and resources by only offering that cloud option.
Navori Labs, however, is a true software engineering company that is not afraid to do what is hard in order to provide solutions that can suit all businesses. Navori Labs found that while more and more end-users tend to prefer a cloud (SaaS) based option, there is still a large market for on-premise digital signage software.
In reality, on-premise digital signage remains the preferred choice of large, security conscious companies and network operators. The main reasons are centered around security, control and customization options.
In this blog post we will explore why that is, and what the benefits of going on-prem truly are.
The Case For On Premise Digital Signage Servers
When it comes to digital signage software, businesses have two primary options: on-premise or cloud based digital signage solutions. While both offer their own advantages, there are significant benefits to choosing an on-premise approach.
With on-premise digital signage software, businesses have complete control over their infrastructure and data. They can tailor the software to meet their specific requirements, ensuring a customized and branded experience for their audience. Additionally, on-premise solutions offer enhanced security since data remains within the organization’s premises.
Furthermore, on-premise software provides the flexibility to operate independently of an internet connection, ensuring uninterrupted communication even in areas with limited connectivity. By opting for an on-premise solution, businesses gain greater control, security, and reliability, empowering them to deliver impactful and engaging digital signage experiences.
Understanding On-Premise Digital Signage Software
On-premise servers refer to systems within an organization’s premises to host and manage their digital signage. Unlike cloud-based solutions, on-premise servers offer businesses complete control over their infrastructure. Ensuring data security, reliability, and customization. Here are some of the benefits of using on premise digital signage:
- Enhanced Performance and Reliability: By hosting your digital signage software on an on-premise server, you can optimize performance and minimize latency. With direct access to the server’s resources, your content can be displayed seamlessly, reducing the risk of disruptions or buffering issues. This ensures a smooth and uninterrupted viewing experience for your audience.
- Robust Security and Data Control: On-premise servers grant businesses greater control over their data, ensuring the utmost security and privacy. By keeping your digital signage content within your premises, you can implement robust security measures. Controls like firewalls, encryption protocols, and access controls, protecting sensitive information from unauthorized access.
- Customization and Scalability: On-premise servers offer businesses unparalleled customization capabilities. With direct control over the hardware and software, you can seamlessly integrate additional features or customize functionalities as your business evolves and expands. In the case of Navori Digital Signage Software, using an on-premise server allows you to fully leverage our robust set of APIs. These allow users to customize the software itself and extend it’s functionalities to integrate seamlessly with any third party business systems or integrations.
- Network Independence: Relying on an on-premise server eliminates the dependency on an internet connection for content delivery. This is particularly advantageous in locations with limited or unreliable network connectivity. By utilizing local servers, your digital signage software can continue to operate independently, ensuring uninterrupted communication regardless of network conditions.
Implementing On-Premise Servers for Digital Signage Software
- Assess Infrastructure Requirements: Evaluate your organization’s specific needs, considering factors such as the number of screens, content complexity, and desired scalability. Determine the hardware specifications and server capacity required to support your digital signage software effectively.
- Server Deployment and Configuration: Install and configure the on-premise server within your premises, adhering to industry best practices and security guidelines. Ensure seamless integration with your existing network infrastructure, including the digital signage displays, media players, and peripherals.
- Content Management and Scheduling: Implement a comprehensive content management system that allows you to create, schedule, and update your digital signage content effortlessly. Choose a software solution that provides a user-friendly interface and robust scheduling capabilities to ensure timely and relevant content delivery.
- Security Measures and Monitoring: Implement stringent security measures to protect your digital signage software and data. This includes regular software updates, access controls, encryption protocols, and monitoring systems to detect and mitigate potential threats or vulnerabilities.
- Staff Training and Support: Provide comprehensive training to your staff responsible for managing and maintaining the on-premise server and digital signage software. Ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills to handle routine tasks, troubleshoot issues, and maximize the software performance.
On-Premise Digital Signage Best Practices:
To optimize the benefits of on-premise servers for your digital signage software, consider the following best practices:
- Regular Backup and Disaster Recovery Planning: Implement a robust backup system to ensure the integrity and availability of your digital signage content. Regularly back up your data and develop a disaster recovery plan to minimize downtime in the event of hardware failure or unforeseen incidents.
- Network Security and Access Controls: Strengthen the security of your on-premise server by implementing measures such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and regular security audits. Additionally, enforce access controls to restrict unauthorized access to your server and digital signage software.
- Scalability and Future Expansion: Plan for future growth and scalability by selecting an on-premise server solution that can accommodate increased capacity and additional screens. Consider the need for multi-site deployments and ensure that your server infrastructure can scale.
- Performance Monitoring and Optimization: Regularly monitor the performance of your server to identify any bottlenecks or areas for improvement. Optimize your server configuration, network settings, and software parameters to ensure optimal performance and responsiveness.
For many organizations, on-premise servers provide enhanced performance, security, customization, and control. Take advantage of the customization options, scalability, and network independence offered by on-premise servers to achieve your business goals.
If you have a competent IT department to support on-premise digital signage servers, you may find that it’s the right choice for your organization.