On-Premise Digital Signage Software Still Has It’s Place
In today’s evolving digital landscape, cloud-based software solutions often steal the spotlight when it comes to digital signage software. However, amidst the ever-growing popularity of cloud-based options, on-premise digital signage software remains a relevant and powerful choice for many businesses.
In this blog post, we will delve into the reasons why on-premise digital signage software, particularly Navori QL, still has its place in the industry. We will explore its unique advantages for businesses seeking greater control, cost predicatability and security over their digital signage operations.
Most Digital Signage Companies No Longer Provide On Premise Options
While many Digital Signage Software companies have abandoned on-prem, Navori continues to offer it’s QL Digital Signage Software in both cloud hosted (SaaS) and on-premise server models.
The 3 main reason why most digital signage companies have moved to cloud offerings only appear to be:
- IT managers and security governance officers have warmed up to the idea of cloud-based software in recent years, no longer immediately ruling it out as a viable option.
- Software providers like the consistent and recurring revenue generated by the SaaS model, which is typically offered to customers as a monthly or annual subscription.
- Developing and supporting both On-Premise and Cloud-Based software is hard! Companies likely found that they sell more cloud based solutions and that they can save time and resources by only offering that cloud option.
Navori Remains Committed to Offering Cloud AND On-Premise Options
Navori Labs, however, is a true software engineering company that is not afraid to do what is hard in order to provide solutions that can suit all businesses. They found that while more and more end-users tend to prefer a cloud (SaaS) based option, there is still a large market for on-premise digital signage software.
In reality, on-premise digital signage remains the preferred choice of large, security conscious companies and digital signage network operators. The main reasons are centered around security, control and cost of ownership.
It’s with these reasons in mind that Navori Labs remains commited to offering on-premise digital signage software to it’s growing list of partners, end-users and digital signage operators.
It is also worth noting that both the Cloud and Self-Hosted versions of Navori QL support all the same award-winning features and toolsets that QL users know and love.
The Case For On Premise Digital Signage Servers
Here are some benefits of using on-premise digital signage software:
- Control and Customization: On-premise software provides companies with greater control over their applications and data. They have the flexibility to customize the software according to their specific requirements, integrate it with other internal systems, and make changes as needed.
- Security and Data Governance: On-premise software allows companies to have direct control over their data and security measures. They can implement their own security protocols, encryption standards, and access controls, providing a higher level of data protection. This can be important for organizations that handle sensitive data.
- Cost Predictability: While the upfront costs of on-premise software can be higher due to infrastructure investments and licensing fees, companies often benefit from long-term cost predictability. Furthermore, after 2 years of use, the perpetual pricing model of Navori’s on-premise software results in annual cost savings vs. the subcription based model of their cloud-based offering.
- Performance and Latency: On-premise software can offer faster response times and lower latency since it is hosted within the company’s own infrastructure. This can be advantageous for applications that require real-time processing or deal with large amounts of data.
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: Certain industries have strict compliance and regulatory requirements that govern data storage, privacy, and access control. On-premise software allows organizations to have full visibility and control over their compliance efforts, ensuring they meet specific legal obligations without relying on third party providers.
It’s worth noting that while on-premise software offers these benefits, it also comes with responsibilities such as infrastructure management, maintenance, and upgrades. In some cases, a hybrid approach combining both options may also be suitable.
Industries Where On-Premise Remains the Preferred Choice
While cloud-based solutions have gained traction, there are certain industries where on-premise digital signage software continues to be the preferred choice. Let’s explore some of these industries and understand why they opt for on-premise solutions:
- Healthcare: The healthcare industry handles sensitive patient information, making data security and compliance paramount. QL’s on-premise digital signage software allows healthcare facilities to maintain strict control over their data, ensuring compliance with privacy regulations such as HIPAA.
- Government and Public Sector: Government institutions often deal with classified information and have stringent security protocols. On-premise digital signage software allows these organizations to maintain complete control over their signage networks, ensuring data integrity and minimizing the risk of unauthorized access. It also enables seamless integration with existing infrastructure and provides offline capabilities in case of internet connectivity issues.
- Finance and Banking: The finance industry operates in a highly regulated environment with sensitive financial data. On-premise digital signage software ensures data privacy, control, and compliance with industry-specific regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). It enables secure display of real-time financial information, stock market updates, and personalized messages while reducing the potential risks associated with cloud-based solutions.
- Education: Educational institutions require flexible and secure digital signage solutions. On-premise software allows schools and universities to maintain control over content creation, scheduling, and distribution while ensuring the privacy and security of student information. It also provides reliable performance, even in areas with limited or unstable internet connectivity.
In these industries, on-premise digital signage software addresses specific concerns related to data security, compliance, control, and customization. By choosing on-premise solutions, businesses can confidently leverage the power of digital signage while maintaining the highest standards of security and operational efficiency.
On-Prem is a no brainer for Digital Signage Network Operators
Navori labs is the #1 provider of OEM digital signage software in the world.
For DSO’s bringning the magic of Navori software to the world, on-premise servers are the weapon of choice. DSO’s prefer on-premise for a couple of important reason:
- Network Ownership: As discussed earlier in this post, when businesses go with QL on-premise they are buying the licenses to own them. By owning the licenses, they also effectively own the digital signage network of their customers. This is important because it offers DSOs the peace of mind that their software provider cannot effectively cut-them-out and go directly to the end user offering cloud-based licenses directly.
- Long-Term Financial Incentives: The pricing models of QL SaaS vs. QL On-Premise typically intersect around the two year mark. This means that after two years, the operators are effectively saving money annually when compared against what their annual cost to operate cloud-based licenses would be.
On-Premise Digital Signage Best Practices:
To optimize the benefits of on-premise servers for your digital signage software, consider the following best practices:
- Regular Backup and Disaster Recovery Planning: Implement a robust backup system to ensure the integrity and availability of your digital signage content. Regularly back up your data and develop a disaster recovery plan to minimize downtime in the event of hardware failure or unforeseen incidents.
- Network Security and Access Controls: Strengthen the security of your on-premise server by implementing measures such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and regular security audits. Additionally, enforce access controls to restrict unauthorized access to your server and digital signage software.
- Scalability and Future Expansion: Plan for future growth and scalability by selecting an on-premise server solution that can accommodate increased capacity and additional screens. Consider the need for multi-site deployments and ensure that your server infrastructure can scale.
- Performance Monitoring and Optimization: Regularly monitor the performance of your server to identify any bottlenecks or areas for improvement. Optimize your server configuration, network settings, and software parameters to ensure optimal performance and responsiveness.
In conclusion, Navori Labs continues to offer on-premise digital signage software due to its numerous advantages and suitability for certain businesses. While cloud-based solutions have gained popularity, on-premise software provides businesses with greater control over their digital signage infrastructure, data security, and content management.